Crisis Skylight Oxford
Help into employment and housing
10am - 6pm Mon - Thu, 10am - 5pm Fri
Throughout the lockdown, Crisis Skylight Oxford will continue to offer the full range of services remotely. The building is open for essential contacts only. If you are able to, please call on 01865 263 900 to make an appointment.
This is a service for people who are currently homeless, recently housed or at risk of homelessness.
We support people to end their homelessness by working to a Model of Change. This aims to put as many people as possible in a position where they can access housing, financial stability and social networks, and achieve optimum health.
Most of the service is offered in our Old Fire Station premises, but we can also hold outreach classes in other venues and offer one-to-one support to rough sleepers, wherever they may be.
Key functions & activities offered
We offer one to one support from our team of coaches who can support you in many ways including:
- Help you find training and education
- Give you advice about debts, benefits and budgeting
- Support you in finding and keeping a job
- Give you housing advice and help with finding and keeping a home
- Help you find the right support for your mental health needs
- Help you find volunteering work
- Link you to financial grants.
We also offer a timetable of classes and sessions including:
- Computer drop-in sessions where tutors can help you learn computer skills and apply for online benefits.
- Reading, writing and everyday maths and computer classes to help you get qualifications and get ready for work
- Cooking, carpentry and how to build a house, to learn new skills and meet people
- Well being classes to help you relax and feel stronger - physically and mentally
- Creative, performing and visual arts classes and project for you to get involved in