Turning Point Banbury Hub
Turning Point Banbury Hub
Monday 9am – 7pm, Tuesday 9am – 6.30pm, Wednesday 9am – 5pm, Thursday 9am – 5pm, Friday 9am – 5pm
During the pandemic no face to face groups are running but there is on online offer. Face to face appointments and outreach continue as normal.
Turning Point Roads to Recovery is an all-purpose drug and alcohol treatment service located in Oxfordshire and commissioned by Oxfordshire County Council.
Dedicated to promoting wellbeing and recovery from addiction when you feel ready to take those steps. Oxfordshire services offer a variety of treatment options; offering support to find the right treatment for you to make positive changes.
The team across Oxfordshire includes doctors, nurses, psychologists, recovery workers, support workers, complementary therapists, peer mentor volunteers, counsellors and trainers. There are lots of different people who can offer their support, knowledge and encouragement to help you achieve your recovery.
Turning Point Oxfordshire have service hubs in Oxford, Banbury, Didcot and Witney.
Turning Point's hub in Banbury also offers a satellite service every Thursday in Bicester. The Banbury hub is open five days per week and offers a variety of interventions to support recovery, including key worker sessions, group work, peer led groups and open access drop-in. We also offer art club and relaxation groups.
Key functions & activities offered
One of our team will support you to build a treatment plan based on your circumstances. To get the best of our treatment options you will need to commit to attending the sessions.These an be delivered face to face, over the phone and online.
- The Resolution Clinic offers a 1:1 consultation here you will be offered Health and wellbeing support through brief interventions. We work with residents of Oxfordshire.
- Family Support - family areas, as designated safe places within the hubs that are children friendly, and parenting groups, a series of 6 sessions that look at the effects substance abuse has on children & their behaviors. We continue to have guest speakers from partnership agencies as well as organising children’s first aid course for parents.
- Shared care - we continue to offer recovery services within various GP surgeries and liaise regularly with the hubs to ensure that you receive the most effective treatment. Everyone accessing treatment within a doctor’s surgery is encouraged to engage with services offered at their local hub to support their treatment.
- My Turning Point is our digital treatment tool. Accessible on smartphone, tablet and computer it provides 24/7 access to a range of guided and self-help sessions that can help with your drug and alcohol use, as well as emotional heath and other wellbeing issues.
- Refresh cafe offers an opportunity to gain valuable work experience and enables people to learn and move forward with their lives, promoting self-confidence, responsibility and a chance to interact with others staff and customers.