Oxford Women's Hub
Free confidential space for women needing bespoke support
Eligibility & Referral
This service has been enabled through funding from Oxford City Council and is being delivered in partnership by The Gatehouse and Aspire.
Both partners have responded to the need for a safe space for women, a place where they can access bespoke services, talk to like-minded people, bond over shared experiences, or even just have a cup of tea and a chat. This service also offers the opportunity to forge positive relationships with other women.
No booking is required and travel expenses can be reimbursed for public transport costs in Oxford.
Key functions & activities offered
With a team of female Support Workers on hand to offer tailored advice, support on numerous topics including:
- Housing advice
- Women's health
- Drug and alcohol support
- Family advice
- Finance and debt management advice
- Cooking classes
- Domestic abuse support
- Bespoke workshops tailored to need
The December sessions are as follows:
- 2nd: Sally Green (DWP) will be offering support and advice in relation to benefits
- 9th: Julia Blackwell, the coordinator from Oxfordshire Mind’s Information line will be speaking about what the organisation has to offer. Learn how to access the services of Oxfordshire Mind and how you can get support for yourself or loved ones around mental health and wellbeing
- 16th: Handmade bespoke wreath workshop by Eviechic Designs. Mince pies, hot chocolate, Christmas cheer and Christmas wreath raffle