Matilda House - A2Dominion
Matilda House is a purpose-built unit offering cluster accommodation for those who've experienced homelessness.
Accommodation can be accessed by anyone that has been verified as a rough sleeper by the a member of the Outreach Team, past or present, and has a connection to Oxford City.
The building is split in two parts, and houses guests still needing support but ready to look to move on into more permanent accommodation.
Key functions & activities offered
When someone moves in the aim is to support them to:
- address the issue(s) that has led them to become homeless which may be things such as alcohol and drug addiction, poor mental health and anti-social behaviour
- develop the skills to successfully maintain their accommodation and eventually move on to more independent accommodation
- improve their social network and develop a meaningful occupation
Each guest will have a:
- named support worker to offer them help and guidance, with levels of support agreed with the guest
- support plan agreed with the guest
- risk assessment in place with support measures to reduce those risks
- offers to resident days out and to work in a psychologically-informed environment