Connection Support - Homeless Support Service
Supported accommodation – move-on housing
Funded by Cherwell District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council, Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council
9am - 5pm Mon - Fri
Eligibility & Referral
Access via verification and assessment through the Rough Sleeper Outreach team
Connection Support’s Homeless Support service provides accommodation and support to single homeless people over the age of 18.
There are 50 rooms in a mixture of shared houses in Oxford, Witney and Banbury in which support can be provided for up to 6 months to build skills and move to more long-term independent living.
Key functions & activities offered
This service is designed to help people to:
- Develop goals and aspirations, providing training and coaching in one or more areas of independence
- Help people learn to manage money and pay bills
- Feel listened to and to people decide how to deal with problems
- Feel supported in dealing with any drug or alcohol issues
- Understand their rights and responsibilities
- Jointly devise a structured programme of daytime activities including getting in touch with community groups and facilities
- Plan for move on – supporting people to actively seek alternative accommodation
The team meet with clients regularly to discuss progress of plans and work through any blocks to achieving goals and aspirations.