Opened on 2nd September 2019, Matilda House is a purpose built unit offering cluster accommodation for those that have experienced homelessness.
Accommodation can be accessed by anyone that has been verified as a rough sleeper by the Outreach Team past or present and has a connection to Oxford City.
The building is split into two parts and houses clients that are considered as:
- Having complex needs
- Ready to move-on
Key functions & activities offered
When someone moves in the aim is to support them to:
- address the issues that has led them to become homeless
- Alcohol and drug addiction
- Poor mental health
- Anti-social behaviour
- Help them to develop the skills to successfully maintain their accommodation.
- To improve their social network and develop meaningful occupation.
Each client will have:
- A named support worker
- Frequency of support is agreed with the service user.
- Support plan
- Risk assessment - Support measures to reduce those risks