We are looking for an experienced volunteer fundraiser to help us research and identify the sources of funding to enable us to start our programme to help those who have no recourse to public funds.
Oxfordshire Homeless Movement (OHM) is seeking support to change the lives of some of the most disadvantaged homeless people in the region. Specifically, we need funds to run the programme, and suitable properties to house people who will be destitute without support.
If you have experience of researching and building cases to grant making organisations, a passion to help end homelessness and some time to help us over the next six weeks, we would love to hear from you.
We have a vision and a plan to ensure that those formerly rough sleeping and now in emergency accommodation do not return to the streets when the emergency accommodation ends. To request a copy of the plan please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The first step of the plan is to secure funding to cover at least the first two years of the project. We need someone to help us research funders and grant-making bodies that have an interest in homelessness and the potential to support the programme:
- Research and identify funds and grant-makers that we can approach for support
- Help build and tune our case to fit the requirements of the organisations
- Help us understand and negotiate the application process for each, and to make the make the application
- Help us to identify sources of suitable property on advantageous terms – e.g. property made available on a meanwhile basis from organisations like Oxford University and its colleges.
We believe the task will take four to six weeks.
We are looking for someone who can work on a voluntary basis as part of a team and with initiative. Specifically, we seek skills/experience in the following:
- Three to five years’ fundraising experience, ideally of a broad range of fundraising disciplines
- Strong track record of writing successful funding bids, reports and impact reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a wide range of colleagues
- Experience of securing five- and six-figure awards from trusts and/or major donors.
If you are interested, please contact Yvonne Pinner at email@example.com